Summer is almost drawing to a close and you may have not gotten enough of it. Your days of lazing under the sun and getting that perfect sun-kissed skin are about to end, but it doesn’t mean your tan has to end with them. Thanks to spray tanning, you can keep that sun-kissed look all year round.
Here are a few juicy professional tanning secrets that will surely make you look amazing.
- Exfoliation. Before you head out for your tanning appointment, make sure that your skin is properly exfoliated – gently and with care. Harshly scrubbing on your skin will cause micro-tears and these won’t do your spray tan any good, because they will act like the dead skin you’ve sloughed off – providing an uneven surface.
- Hairless. Of course, any amount of hair on the skin will also provide an uneven surface for the spray tan. Get a wax or shave at least 24 hours before your appointment so that the pores have had ample time to close.
- Lotion-free. Going around with dry skin doesn’t sound like a good idea at all. But lotions, oils, or moisturizers block off the professional spray tanning solutions and doesn’t give you that perfect shade that lasts. Avoiding moisturizers for at least 8 hours before your appointment will help your tan last longer.
- Barriers. A truly professional spray tan solutions team will know to properly apply moisturizer on certain parts of the body so the tan won’t become too dark. These spots are often on the elbows, knees, hands, or feet.
- Clothing. While you may be excited to show off your gorgeous body, avoiding tight clothing helps your spray tan last longer and streak-free. Clothes that touch the skin will cause the tan to rub off, leaving you with an uneven surface.
- Water. Drink and hydrate, of course – it’s essential to our health. But swimming and long baths must be avoided for at least 4 hours after the tanning process. Also, avoid hot showers as these might fade out your tan much quicker. Chlorinated water must be avoided at all costs – they ruin your spray tan.
- Moisturizers. Once your spray tan is in place, this is the best time to moisturize your skin all over – and at least twice a day. Just opt for natural oils like coconut, almond, or sunflower to give your skin that extra boost of moisture especially in colder weather.
- Scrub-free. Steer clear of harsh soaps or exfoliators and body scrubs as these will slough off the layer of your precious tan and give you an uneven surface. Treat your skin gently to keep your tan longer.
- Powder. If you are prone to perspiration, apply a dash of talcum powder or rice powder on areas where too much moisture tends to pool and nooks and crannies where skin rubs against its fellow skin.
- Professional Salons. Choose a salon that is truly professional and is the best in their field. Endless Sun Tanning is one of the 10 professional tanning secrets and provides the best spray tan in NJ. Book an appointment for your next spray tan and see why they are one of the secrets to making your tan look amazing.